Probably the best augmented reality app to explore Wikipedia on the go. Point your camera and see what's around you.
The application uses current location data to find Wikipedia.org articles in your area and display them on the screen. Tap on the "W" icons and take a closer look at what you might be interested in seeing next.
- - Compass View that shows direction you're looking to;
- - Google maps integration. Find Wikipedia articles on the map;
- - Approximate distance to the objects;
- - Metric/Imperial systems support;
- - Built-in browser for Wikipedia articles.
- - Clean and nice interface.
To make augmented reality work we do need digital compass in your device, so you must have iPhone 3GS to run the application.